EVENT AT WILSON COLLEGE “HOPE”
Students of Wilson College (BMS department) had an annual event for a social cause “The Zombie Walk” which was scheduled on 27th July,2013. Wilson College partnered with VYF for this event. 17 children from VYF along with the volunteers participated in Zombie walk-A march against hunger; wherein the main purpose was to spread awareness and raise funds for underprivileged children.
On 30th August,2013 VYF was invited for the inauguration of their festival. The head of department of the college felicitated representatives of VYF with a bouquet of flowers and donated the funds raised by them for the social cause.
Exhibition at Kalaghoda festival (Concern India Mela)
After a gap of 3 years VYF got a stall at Concern India NGO mela at Kalaghoda Festival.
The dates were from 6th to 9th Febraury,2014.
Earrings, bracelets, necklaces, key chains, Giggle berry games, Swami Vivekananda’s books, earthen pots and diyas, envelopes, tablemats, ceramic photo frames were on display.
The exhibition was a total sell out. It was amazing to see how Swami Vivekananda’s books attracted people of all ages and from all walks of life. We had to repeatedly keep ordering for more books.
Overall it was a very good experience. We got a very positive response and the work done by our children were greatly appreciated from one and all.
Miracles of Splendor
Ohana Concept.. A friendly flower group had organized a charity show of confluence of Ikebana and traditional odissi dance in aid of our soup kitchen project.
They had donated Rs 2,50,000/- towards the same project.
A workshop on sex education was conducted by Ketki Sanghvi (FACSE) for girls between 12 – 16 years on 25th August,2013. The agenda of organizing this workshop was to make the girls aware of
– physical changes within them,
– sexual abuse
– menstrual cycle and maintaining hygiene and
– how to overcome and deal with these problems.
• In February, 50 children of Sandhyalaya project were taken for a field trip to Kanheri caves along with volunteers and programme coordinators. A bus was arranged from Aroon travels. It was a great experience for the children to explore those caves. Snacks and lunch were organized by us.
• On the occasion of 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, Ram Krishna Math had organized a laser documentary on Swamiji presented by Shri Manick Sorcar. Children along with Volunteers of Sandhyalaya were taken to see the show at St Andrews Auditorium.
We had to organize dance lessons, twice a month, for them to learn dancing from Victory Arts Foundation run by Shiamak Dawar Group. There was always a great enthusiasm amongst the children to learn dancing and WOW!! what a fantastic dancers all of them were turned out to be!!!
Children were taken for fieldtrip in October to Tungareshwar.
Besides these projects, we give financial assistance for medical treatment to all our sponsored children and children under other projects. Also, time-to-time, we offer help to buy groceries and food grains.
VYF raised funds for the rehabilitation of people affected by floods of Uttarakhand.
This year we also got our FCRA registration for foreign funds.
Leave A Comment